Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN) is the student honor society of IEEE and is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing excellence in IEEE fields of interest. Members consist of students, alumni, and professionals who have demonstrated exceptional academic and professional accomplishments. Student members are selected on the basis of scholastic standing, character, and leadership. At UCSD, HKN provides free tutoring and hosts a variety of workshops and events to promote technical, professional, and academic development.
HKN Mission and Purpose
Eta Kappa Nu is a unique membership organization dedicated to encouraging and recognizing excellence in the electrical and computer engineering fields. Members consist of students, alumni, and other professionals who have demonstrated exceptional academic and professional accomplishments. Student members are selected on the basis of scholastic standing, character, and leadership. Through a variety of service programs and leadership training, student members develop lifelong skills that earmark them for prominent positions in industry and academia. Members are much better prepared for the post-college world and are especially valuable and attractive to employers. They are recognized as extremely capable, both technically and professionally.
After graduation, members continue their HKN involvement through their university chapters, volunteering for HKN committees and receiving information on HKN activities.
To further recognize excellence, HKN conducts award programs to recognize professional leaders, exceptional educators, outstanding students, young ECE professionals, outstanding chapters, and effective faculty advisors.
For more than 100 years, Eta Kappa Nu has embraced excellence. In the years ahead, HKN will continue to reinvent itself to meet the needs of its 200,000+ members, the institutions they serve, and our overall society.
Credit: HKN Headquarters
On behalf of University of California – San Diego, we would like to thank the following sponsors:
Would like to sponsor us? Please see the details below for the sponsorship packages we are offering this year.
How can you help?
- Tech Talks with your engineers
- Professional + Career Guidance/Development Workshops (Resume, Interview critique)
- Information Sessions for your company
- Recruiting Events
- Company Tours
Promoter – $2,000+
- This will help fund our larger events, such as ECE Day, Induction, and Alumni Brunch, in addition to the expenses mentioned in previous levels.
- 3 Free Events (catering not included) or 2 Events with Catering
- Sponsorship acknowledged at our major events: ECE Day, Induction, Alumni Brunch
- Sponsorship from previous levels.
Advocate – $1,000
- This will help fund our weekly public workshops, which develop technical and professional skills to 30-40 students a week, in addition to the expenses mentioned in previous levels.
- 2 Free Events (catering not included) or 1 Event with Catering
- Sponsorship acknowledged on our posters and flyers at publicity events: Engineers on the Green
- Sponsorship from previous levels.
Supporter – $500
- This will help fund our social events and maintenance of our student lounge to facilitate a tight community between our members.
- 1 Free Event (catering not included)
- Sponsorship acknowledged on our website: hkn.ucsd.edu
THE BRIDGE magazine is an open-publication of IEEE-HKN, which started in 1905. It contains recent technical, historical, and professional articles submitted by chapters, student members, and alumni. Look for our photos and articles!